Liars by Frances Vick Review


I had no idea what I was in for starting this book, only that it was a psychological thriller. I'm glad I went in blind because I feel like even the description of this book is vague, and after reading this book I understand why. Go in blind! 

The narration goes back and forth between Jenny, David and Jenny's friend Freddie. I loved the different perspective, honestly that's what made the book so surprising and unexpected. My emotions and sympathy kept changing between the characters as I was reading the different perspectives. It's was mind bottling and I didn't expect any of it to play out the way it did.

The reason I didn't rate it any higher is only because to me something was missing in the story. The writing is amazing, the character development amazing, the premise was pretty original, but something in the story itself made me not enjoy this book as much. It's hard to describe when I don't want to give too much away. However, I do recommend! It was a good read, nonetheless.

Thank you to Bookouture for providing me with an electronic ARC of this book via NetGalley. As usual, my reviews are my honest and unbiased opinions.


He loves you. He’d do anything for you. But you don’t even know him.

Jenny hasn’t had an easy life – no job and no money, with a sick mother and an abusive ex-stepfather. Not that anybody cares, she’s from the wrong side of town.

David has taken care of Jenny ever since they were at school together. He knows how special she is, how much she needs his support. David has a lot of love to give.

Jenny and David aren’t in a relationship. They aren’t even friends.


Jenny thinks she’s free to do what she wants, see who she likes. What does David think? Well, you’ll have to find out.

No comments

Post a Comment