Perfect Girls by Alison James Review

This was my first Detective Rachel Prince novel, and I didn't feel lost in the story! I still want to read Lola Is Missing and Now She's Gone but it really didn't spoil the other books for me.

At the beginning of the book I had trouble following a bit because of all the British terms and slang, but eventually, I got the hang of it. I used to not even be able to read British books, but I've gotten really used to them by now, so I was a bit surprised I had a hard time understanding.

After I got used to the language, I couldn't put the book down. It definitely was a page turner for me, and I loved how some chapters included the killer actions and thoughts. I kept me more engaged! I'm also a big fan of police procedural so I really loved getting to know Rachel Prince and how she just couldn't ignore the case, even though she wasn't supposed to be on the case. I really feel in love with Rachel Prince and cannot wait to read the rest of the series.

However, the reason this isn't 5 stars for me, is the reasons behind the killings and the mental state of the killer. Obviously, there never is a good reason for killing, but in this novel particularly, I thought it was a ridiculous and pointless reason. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me, but in my opinion, I would have liked something else.

Overall, highly recommend and can't wait to read the next one already! 

Thank you to Bookouture for providing me with an electronic ARC of this book via NetGalley. As usual, my reviews are my honest and unbiased opinions.


Phoebe. Tiffany. Melissa. They all made one little mistake... 

When twenty-five-year-old Phoebe Stiles opens the door to her perfect apartment she doesn’t realize it’s the mistake that will kill her… 

The body of the beautiful English girl is discovered months later - dumped behind the back of a department store. But who was the stranger she let into the safety of her home? 

As Detective Rachel Prince pieces together the mystery surrounding Phoebe’s death, another young, blonde girl is found brutally murdered and abandoned in the grounds of an old theatre. 

In the most dangerous case of her career, Rachel must track down the faceless individual to stop the body count rising. But to uncover the shocking truth, Rachel has to put herself at risk… can she catch the twisted killer, before they catch her? 

No comments

Post a Comment