Still Mine by Amy Stuart Review


Growing up in a small bush town, I couldn't help loving the characters and the location of this book! It reminded me so much of home! This was my first Amy Stuart book and I read it because I had gotten an ARC of Still Water and wanted to read this first. I'm glad I did because you are introduced to the main character Clare, and her story starts to come out a little bit in each book. We still don't know everything about Clare and Malcolm which keeps me very interested in reading more of this series! I'm usually not a fan of books that revolve around missing person's, but I really loved this book. It was a thrill ride and enjoyed Amy's writing. I found this story to be very original, I did not expect the ending. Can't wait to read more and highly recommend.


WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU VANISH FROM YOUR LIFE AND LEAVE NO STORY BEHIND?

SOMEONE WILL MAKE ONE UP FOR YOU.

Clare is on the run. 

From her past, from her ex, and from her own secrets. When she turns up alone in the remote mining town of Blackmore asking about Shayna Fowles, the local girl who disappeared, everyone wants to know who Clare really is and what she's hiding. As it turns out, she's hiding a lot, including what ties her to Shayna in the first place. But everyone in this place is hiding something from Jared, Shayna's golden-haired ex-husband, to Charlie, the charming small-town drug pusher, to Derek, Shayna's overly involved family doctor, to Louise and Wilfred, her distraught parents.

Did Shayna flee? Was she killed? Is it possible she's still alive?

As Clare uncovers the mysteries around Shayna's disappearance, she must confront her own demons, moving us deeper and deeper into the labyrinth of lies and making us question what it is she's really running from. Twisting and electrifying, this is a get-under-your-skin thriller that will make you question what it means to lose yourself and find yourself in the most unlikely places.

No comments

Post a Comment