The Fire Witness by Lars Kepler Review



Again, Lars Kepler brings it with the creepiness factor!! I loved it so much! I was even afraid of reading it in the dark, you know how exceptionally written it is if that happens! The only reason I didn’t give this book the complete 5 stars is only because I did anticipate who the killer was. It wasn’t that obvious but there were signs and I just wasn’t surprised. However, I adored everything else about the novel, the location, the characters, the atmospheric vibe, the action-packed dramatic ending. If you have read my previous reviews on this series, you will know how much I have come to love the main character Joona Linna! I can’t say enough good things about Lars Kepler and I can’t wait to read the rest of this series.

Thank you to Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group for providing me with an electronic ARC of this book via NetGalley. As usual, my reviews are my honest and unbiased opinions.


Psychologically tense and as fast-paced as The Hypnotist, the third book in the Joona Linna series by Lars Kepler is already a worldwide sensation, appealing to fans of Stieg Larsson and Jo Nesbo. 

Detective Inspector Joona Linna, under internal review by the National Police for an alleged infraction, is on leave to solve some troubling personal business when he is called in to "observe" the investigation of a gruesome and strange murder at Birgittagarden, a youth home for wayward teenage girls. But it's not long before Linna is drawn deeply into the intricate, disturbing case. Intriguing, astonishing, and with all of the suspense that first captured audiences in The Hypnotist, The Fire Witness is Lars Kepler at his most psychologically complex and thrilling. 


No comments

Post a Comment