For Better and Worse by Magot Hunt Review



The first thing I loved about the book was the different perspectives. There are three Parts to this novel and you get to understand the two main characters POVs. In turn, the different perspective made my sympathy shift from one character to the other throughout the book. Even though my sympathy shifted, I did like both characters up to a certain point. Afterward, I really was annoyed with Will's character, he was just falling apart at the seems. Which I understand given the circumstances, but I personally don't enjoy when a character is really weak all throughout the story.

As far as the story goes, it was quite a slow-burning one for me and did find that there was a lot of things being repeated. However, I did like the writing and was an overall great story of the lengths parents will go too for their child. Highly recommend.

Thank you to Harlequin - MIRA for providing me with an electronic ARC of this book via NetGalley. As usual, my reviews are my honest and unbiased opinions.

On their first date back in law school, Natalie and Will Clarke bonded over drinks, dinner and whether they could get away with murder. Now married, they’ll put the latter to the test when an unchecked danger in their community places their son in jeopardy. Working as a criminal defense attorney, Nat refuses to rely on the broken legal system to keep her family safe. She knows that if you want justice…you have to get it yourself.

Shocked to discover Nat’s taken matters into her own hands, Will has no choice but to dirty his, also. His family is in way too deep to back down now. He’s just not sure he recognizes the woman he married. Nat’s always been fiercely protective, but never this ruthless or calculating. With the police poking holes in their airtight plan, what will be the first to fall apart: their scandalous secret—or their marriage?

No comments

Post a Comment